The degree has been designed to prepare graduates for positions of leadership in government, business, and industry and to provide a comprehensive view of the total business organisation. The educational experience also aims to develop students' intellectual and personal skills and the capacity to undertake a practical research project.
Upon completion of the program, students will be equipped with the tools for problem definition, analysis and decision-making. These management topics are examined through case studies, lectures and the analysis of companies on which to base illustrations and spark discussions.
Emphasis has been placed on breadth and the modules give the student a thorough grounding in the disciplines of management and provide a framework for understanding the complex business world.
The first year of the Master of Art programme consists of 8 modules. The second year involves the conduct of a substantial piece of research and the writing of a dissertation. The modules have been designed to cover topics such as:
- Management Accounting
- Management Information Systems
- Organisation Theory
- State and Economic Development
- Advanced Human Resource Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Research Methodology
- Applications are due by: 13 September 2012
Applicants will normally be required to meet the following criteria:
- Recognised university undergraduate degree (at least at the Bachelor level), with Honours or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
A minimum overall result normally of either a Second Class (2:1) or equivalent in the most relevant previously completed degree;
Minimum of 550 TOEFL or other equivalent English language tests such as UKH English Language Test or IELTS. Applicants who have completed a previous recognised university degree taught exclusively in English may be exempted from English language test requirement;
- The names and contact details of two referees who are willing to comment on applicant' capacity to undertake postgraduate studies, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- UKH reserves the right to require any applicant to complete an Admission Test and/or an Interview.
- Admission will be on a competitive basis, and the UKH will select the best applicants from those who meet the above criteria.
Applications: (Applications are due by 13 September 2012)
To apply you need to submit the following:
- Application form (Download Here)
- Certified academic transcripts
- Evidence of English language
Applications must be sent in sealed envelopes to:
Application for MA in Business Management
The Registrar, University of Kurdistan Hewler,
30 Meter Avenue, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
All enquiries may be made by telephone on 066 254 8743 or 07504407357, or by email: email@example.com
- UKH English language test (if required) at the cost of $20. To book please contact us.
- The fee for the degree is $40 per credit point, totalling $7,200 for the degree.
- The minimum period of full-time study is 18 months (3 semesters) and the maximum period is 24 months (4 semesters).
A limited number of fee-waiver scholarships will be available based on financial and academic grounds.
For application form (Download Here)
Details of the timetable will be available on the first week of the semester.