The programme is designed to educate graduates to a high level of professional expertise. It is expected that graduates will occupy leadership roles in the challenging arena of international relations, and may be employed by government. Diplomatic corps, civil service, non-governmental organizations, multinational corporations education and media.
The first year of the MA programme consists of 8 modules. The second year involves the conduct of a substantial piece of research and the writing of a dissertation. The modules have been designed to cover topics such as:
- Global Governance
- International Security
- Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Intervention
- Theories of International Relations
- International Political Economy of Middle Eastern Countries and Iraq
- US Foreign Policy
- Research Methods and Methodology
- Applications are due by: 13 September 2012
Applicants will normally be required to meet the following criteria:
- Recognised university undergraduate degree (at least at the Bachelor level), with Honours or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum overall result normally of either a Second Class (2:1) or equivalent in the most relevant previously completed degree;
- Minimum of 550 TOEFL or other equivalent English language tests such as UKH English Language Test or IELTS. Applicants who have completed a previous recognised university degree taught exclusively in English may be exempted from English language test requirement;
- The names and contact details of two referees who are willing to comment on applicant' capacity to undertake postgraduate studies, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- UKH reserves the right to require any applicant to complete an Admission Test and/or an Interview.
- Admission will be on a competitive basis, and the UKH will select the best applicants from those who meet the above criteria.
Applications: (Applications are due by 13 September 2012)
To apply you need to submit the following:
- Application form (Download Here)
- Certified academic transcripts
- Evidence of English language proficiency
Applications must be sent in sealed envelopes to:
Application for MA in International Studies
The Registrar, University of Kurdistan Hewler,
30 Meter Avenue, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
All enquiries may be made by telephone on 066 254 8743 or 0750 440 7357, or email: email@example.com
- UKH English language test (if required) at the cost of $20. To book please contact us.
- The fee for the degree is $40 per credit point, totalling $7,200 for the degree.
- The minimum period of full-time study is 18 months (3 semesters) and the maximum period is 24 months (4 semesters).
A limited number of fee-waiver scholarships will be available based on financial and academic grounds.
For application form (Download Here)
Details of the timetable will be available on the first week of the semester.