University of Kurdistan Hewler Strategic Focus
• We will focus our energies on advancing Kurdistan and the wider region, whilst striving for our work to benefit the world-wide community.
• We will work with government, business, industry, and the community to create lasting intellectual, cultural, social, health, environmental and economic benefits for Kurdistan and beyond.
• We will produce graduates with the expertise and intellectual curiosity required for the development of Kurdistan and our communities, we will conduct research to provide the knowledge and understanding needed to meet the challenges facing Kurdistan, the wider region and world-wide.
• We will embrace the communities we serve and engage with them at all levels, sharing a sense of pride in the University’s achievements.
More specifically we have 5 Strategic Intents:
1. Distinctive Teaching and Learning Experiences
Provide effective teaching and learning environment and opportunities sufficient to acquire subject matter knowledge and professional pedagogical skills; develop professional capabilities to manage and monitor student learning and progress; gain the proficiency to use conceptual frameworks, and analytic tools to obtain, interpret and use student performance data for individual and collaborative reflection on the effectiveness of professional actions and results.
2. Academic/Scholarship Integration
Enable the organizational proximity, alignment and connectivity of academic and research units; to foster the integration of UKH scholarship and academic curriculum and create the physical facilities and informational and technological infrastructure essential to provide staff, students, and practicing professional educators comprehensive access to academic degree, professional licensure, continuing professional development, community services, and outreach support to school/community partners.
3. Creating a Learning Organization
Develop organizational culture, values and capacity to transform information into valued knowledge used to adapt its actions, continuously improve its performance and strategically compete for new opportunities.
4. Enhancing Professionalism
Elevate the dignity, respect and value accorded education; strengthen professional accountability; enhance the use of evidence to improve effectiveness of professional practice; and foster a culture of continuous professional sharing, continuous advancement and recognition of accomplishment.
5. Building Community
Develop and sustain an inclusive, distributed and networked professional learning community committed to sharing and collaborating with on campus/off-campus researchers and educators to reduce professional isolation and increase access to other colleagues practical experience, expertise, research-based practices, best practice performance results, and nurture a culture of respect, values and norms that represent the diversity of our individual identities and professional pluralism of beliefs.